On 06 – 09 July 2014, at the UN Headquarters in Bonn, EEHYC is organizing a Capacity Building workshop for its National Youth Coordinators and a Preparatory Session for the Mid Term Review of the WHO European Environment and Health Process.
Planned for more than 3 months, the meeting has as set goals:
1. To improve the group dynamics, team work and establish a more efficient and effective working structure of the EEHYC.
2. To get EEHYC prepared for a meaningful contribution to the Mid Term Review of the WHO European Environment and Health Process.
Participants at the meeting comprise of appointed EEHYC National Youth Coordinators, Coalition French partner Apelle de la Jeunesse representatives, and also of two young people, winners of the Photo and Video Competition on promoting sustainable transport, organized in the framework of the PEP High Level Meeting, in April 2014.
The objectives of the meeting are:
1. Get the EEHYC National Youth Coordinators (NYCs) better prepared to perform their role inside the Environment and Health process
2. Empower NYCs as key players in the creation of EEHYC National Coalitions and develop a teamwork approach.
3. Prepare EEHYC for the Mid Term Review of the WHO European Environment and Health Process
4. Strenghten the Cooperation between EEHYC and key partners, build new partnerships and develop common strategies and projects.
For enhancing the quality and impact of the activities, EEHYC meeting is expecting the presence of Ms Francesca Racioppi Senior Policy and Programme Adviser, Environment and Health Policy and Governance at World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe, Mr. Oliver Schmoll Programme Manager Management of Natural Resources: Water and Sanitation (WSN) WHO European Centre for Environment and Health and Mr Alexander Nies Deputy Director-General for Germany’s Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety