EEHYC Proposal to become partner in the implementation of the Transport, Health and Environment Pan-European Programme (THE PEP) was welcomed during the Fourth High-level Meeting in April in Paris, France.
The Programme is chaired together by UNECE and the WHO/Europe and identifies 5 Priority goals in order to help Contribute to a greener economy, whilst safeguarding health and the environment:
1. Investment in environment and health-friendly transport to stimulate job creation and sustainable economic development.
2. Sustainable mobility and more efficient transport systems.
3. Reduction of emissions of transport-related greenhouse gases, air pollution and noise.
4. Promotion of policies and actions conducive to healthy and safe modes of transport.
5. Integration of transport, health and environmental objectives into urban and spatial planning policies.
THE PEP exists since 2002 and acts as a platform for countries to share information and to benefit from each other’s expertise. We are happy to be a partner in THE PEP implementation by mobilizing young people and youth organizations in national and international activities supporting THE PEP.